Premier Dance Team Information
Dance Intensive Camp
Dancers will train in technique and choreography in all styles including ballet, jazz, leaps and turns, hip hop, lyrical, contemporary, improvisation, acro, dance conditioning, and more.
During the dance intensive, participants will learn the combinations they’ll be asked to perform during team auditions.
Participants in the Premier Dance Intensive will have the opportunity to train with the Miss Maria’s faculty as well as some exciting guest teachers. These classes will feature many different styles of movement and will provide participants with the chance to try something new.
Details regarding Premier Dance Intensive 2021
- Dance Intensive: July 6-8, 2021: 9am-3pm
- Team auditions July 9, 2021: 3pm
- Make up clinics Tuesday July 13: 9am-12pm
- Make up team auditions Wednesday July 14: 12pm
- Dancers ages 9+ will attend the full day camp from 9-3 with a lunch break.
- Dancers under age 9 will have the option to attend the full day or a shortened session from 9-12. Half day session will not have a lunch break.
- Cost for full day session is $380 ($80 discount for current students in technique classes)
- Cost for half day session is $180 ($30 discount for current students in technique classes)
Mini Dance Co.
Ages 5-6 – They will be required to take 1 assigned class that will meet on Mondays or Wednesdays to learn their competition dance. These members are also encouraged to take additional jazz, tap and/or ballet classes.
Ages 7-8 – Required to take 2 assigned classes that will meet on Monday or Wednesday that will have jazz, ballet and practice their competition dance. These students may also request additional dances in which practices would be on Tuesdays.
Premier Dance Co. Ages 9 & UP
Class hours per week – Minimum of 3, maximum of 8+ depending on amount of participation desired.
1 hour of Jazz & Leaps & Turns, 1 Hour of Ballet (these classes will be on Monday or Wednesday and be back to back) These classes will be assigned to members after auditions. These are technique classes. We also recommend additional ballet, leaps and turns, Lyrical, Strength & Stretch
Dance Team Fees
Costumes run between $75 and $125 per costume.
Team Fees run approx. $60 per dance
Competition Fees are approx. $65 per dance per competition.
Extras: Shoes, tights, make up, hair pieces, rhinestones
Average amount of dances that company members compete is typically 4.
We attend 2 local competitions and 1 National competition that is usually fairly close to home like Branson, MO. 2021 nationals will be in Pensacola, FL.
Team members are required to purchase the Team Jacket (approx. $115.00)